Thursday, July 25, 2013

Etta Turns 1

Okay, so Etta turned 1 about 15 days ago, but with our trip and readjusting to being at home etc. etc. we didn't get around to officially celebrating it until a few days ago.

Here is my beautiful baby the day after we brought her home from the hospital:



Aven's first year seemed to go extremely slow for me. Probably because as a new mom everything was a struggle and everything seemed so new and scary. Etta's first year has flown past and I can't believe that she's already on the verge of walking. She's so delightful, strong-willed, and happy- I just love her so much.

Over the weekend we had Ian's parents over for cake and ice-cream to celebrate Etta's, Ian's and my birthday since they're all so close together. 
Etta REALLY wanted to grab that flame.
She was just as dainty at eating her cake as Aven was on her first birthday.


On Pioneer Day we had a barbecue at my mom's house and celebrated all three birthdays again. This time I remembered the 1st birthday hat and bib that my friend Amber gave me:
Surprisingly, she kept that hat on all the way through eating her cake.
The reason the entire cake is on fire is because I turned 34 this year.
Not as dainty this time. She's getting the hang of this whole cake-eating thing.
Opening presents! Confession time: I re-gifted her Aven's Little People house and accessories that I packed away about a year and a half ago. She has no idea and loves it anyway.

 Happy birthday to my sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment