Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tribute to Summer

With winter raging outside I felt the urge to post a tribute to summer with some pictures of my favorite place on the planet- Flaming Gorge. Okay, so I haven't traveled much, but ask my husband and he will tell you how much I like comfort, familiarity and not trying new things. The above picture was taken at Mustang Ridge, a beautiful place to go swimming that is accessible by car. This particular day there were only two other people and their two dogs. Beauty and solitude.

Here's Grace in what my grandpa liked to call the "babbling brook" that runs through our property. She's a water dog for sure.

.
A family portrait at Red Canyon after a day of hiking.

And finally, ye old family homestead. The Malecker Family castle. Oh summer, how I miss you and long for your return . . .

2 comments:

  1. Screw summer, You can't ski on Sand... oh wait you can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7C88UDErIM
    But it's really hard on your ski's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. I completely share your belief that Flaming Gorge is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. and I think Ben and I have taken that exact photo at Red Canyon...

    ReplyDelete