Monday, August 22, 2011

Brandi

Last night Ian and I went to the Brandi Carlile concert at Red Butte Gardens. This was our second time seeing her at Red Butte and she didn't disappoint. She is a very engaging and energetic performer. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're not listening to Brandi Carlile, you should be.

The most incredible moment of the night came during the last song of the encore, "Hallelujah" (written by Leonard Cohen), when a rather large shooting star streaked across the sky. The audience did a collective gasp and then cheered. A former student of mine recently died of cancer and the thought that immediately popped into my head was "maybe that was Jaden". I didn't expect spiritual experience at an outdoor concert, but I guess the idea isn't too unusual- it definitely makes the night more memorable.

Enjoy a few more photos I took at the show:





No comments:

Post a Comment