Saturday, September 14, 2013

Batgirl!

I took the day off yesterday due to a mid-morning doctor appointment that could not be rescheduled. Since the girls were at daycare I had lots of time to finish up Aven's Batgirl costume. The cape is the only part I actually sewed myself, but I am awful proud of it. I made the pattern myself (not exactly hard, but still), I also sewed that Batman symbol on the back of the cape with the machine- the first time I have ever done any real precision sewing with a machine and it turned out pretty darn good. This is just a little blog post to say "yay, Me!". And, yes, I do realize that Halloween is still seven weeks away, but deadlines stress me out, so I tend to get things done REALLY early. Anyway, enjoy some pictures:

Aven will actually wear a black tutu with sparkles on Halloween, but it's not here yet, so the pink one is standing in.

It's all satiny and shiny, so it was hard to get a good picture of it.

I totally want to make Etta a cape now.

Da na na na na na na na, da na na na na na na na BATGIRL!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! those scallops are hard!! and sewing satin can be a bitch - slippery little sucker. you have every right to be proud - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete