Thursday, February 11, 2010

Aven Makes a Finnish Friend

L-R: Missy, Addie, Lisa, Lauren, me, Aven

Last night I got the opportunity to go out to dinner with Missy, a friend and former co-worker with whom I shared my first three years of teaching art. We were joined by fellow fine arts friends Lauren and Lisa and by our beautiful babies.

Missy moved to Finland almost 2 years ago so that her husband could attend graduate school and is in town visiting family and friends. We have kept in touch and I often miss sharing the visual arts program at my school with someone so hardworking and dedicated. I don't know that I've ever gelled better with a co-worker.

It was really great to be able to meet her baby, Adelaide, who is about 3 1/2 months younger than Aven and has the cutest chubby cheeks I have ever seen. Since she was born in Finland she gets the benefit of dual citizenship- how cool is that?

Thanks for carving out some time to spend with us Missy! Maybe next time our cute babies will be old enough to play together. Good luck on the 25 hour return trip- you are much braver than I!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I had a lovely time. Your baby is equally delicious :)

    ReplyDelete