Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Hike

One of my favorite-ever hikes is the Brighton to Albion Basin Hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Ian and I have been together for over 12 years and even though I have wanted to take him on this hike every year it has never happened until today. That probably makes us sound lazy, but since we can't take Grace Dog up Big Cottonwood we usually end up hiking Millcreek. Any-who, enjoy some pictures of our 3 hour, 27 minute hike, in which we hiked 4.66 miles and climbed 1280 vertical feet:

There is something so beautiful about seeing the ski lifts in the summer. I guess it just gets me excited for ski season.

Apparently everyone else decided to go hiking today too.

Ian took some pretty pictures.

Looking down on Lake Mary.

Lake Martha, with Lake Mary in the distance.

Ian, with Lake Katherine behind him.

Me standing in a hollowed out tree trunk. Notice I'm wearing my cool new X-Files shirt. Hell yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment