Sunday, December 19, 2010

December so far . . .

I've already posted about visiting Santa and partying with friends, but here are a few more things we've done during this very busy, fun filled month:

Aven and I went to the Festival of Trees with my mom. Aven loved the Elmo tree.

We went on a carriage ride downtown with Ian's parents and brother. Aven loved seeing the horses and the lights downtown.

After our carriage ride we walked through Temple Square. Aven was most impressed with the fountains. This kid loves water.

Aven "performed" in her daycare Christmas program. Here she is as a darling reindeer.

When I say she "performed", what I mean is that she didn't cry as much as she did during her Spring program. She stared out at the the audience like a deer in the headlights until she spotted me, then she started crying.

Zoo Lights! We went to Hogle Zoo to see the holiday light display. It was really a lot of fun. I highly recommend it to anyone with kids. In the above photo you can see mine and Aven's silhouette. We had to choose between silhouette pictures or flash pictures that completely washed out the lights- oh well.


I can't believe that Christmas is in 6 days! It's been an incredibly fun holiday season so far. Having a child has made everything seem magical again.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your daycare does programs! They look so funny and cute. Aven is so adorable, and I totally agree that having kids makes Christmas fun again.
    Have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete