Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aven's Halloween

Halloween was a lot more fun this year since Aven was so much more interested in the whole affair. She was fascinated by the decor and has loved the few pieces of candy she has eaten. I wanted to share some pictures from the season:

We took Aven's picture in her costume at Sugarhouse Park a couple weeks ago. She was not a fan of wearing the dalmatian costume at first, but we discovered that as long as she had a sucker she was more than willing to tromp around the park in it.

My two favorite puppies.

Carving pumpkins in the backyard with Grace Dog.

Our cute pumpkin family. Ian, who normally doesn't care much for carving pumpkins, discovered that it's pretty fun if he can use power tools.

We went to Garden After Dark at Red Butte Garden. It was SO much fun. Aven is definitely not afraid of the dark- she had a blast running along the festively lit paths.

Finally, we went trick-or-treating. This was our first stop at my mom's house. We also went to a handful of houses on our street after dinner. I think Aven was just confused that I was all of the sudden encouraging her to walk up to people's doors when I usually make her stay on the sidewalk when we are on a walk. She was very shy and wouldn't take candy from the bowl herself, but she seemed to enjoy the experience. Now I'm worried that she's going to expect to walk up to our neighbor's doors to get candy every time we are out on a walk. I'm sure it will all get even more fun next year.

Finally, after all that hard work collecting candy from neighbors she got the enjoy a piece before bedtime.

Happy
Halloween!!!


2 comments:

  1. I've heard that Red Butte Garden is really cool around Halloween- I'll have to make it a priority to go next year. Sounds like you had a great time! I hope you didn't get rained on too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun! What a great costume.

    ReplyDelete