Thursday, September 10, 2009

We Missed It

Aven in the front carrier on a recent trip to Flaming Gorge

We did not have a very good night last night. Aven woke up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The only thing we could do to get her back to sleep was to bring her into our bed. Not something I want to get in the habit of doing, but when you have to wake up at 5 am to go to work you'll do just about anything to get back to sleep.

When I got up I looked up 'sleep problems in four month old babies' online and read all about 'sleep regression'. I guess when babies are working on a developmental milestone their little bodies and brains are working so hard that their sleep patterns are often disturbed. The article also mentioned that the sleep disturbances can go on for a few days all the way up to several weeks. Great.

So, when I picked her up at daycare her super-sweet caregiver, Robin, asked me if she had done any rolling over yet. She hasn't even hinted at rolling over so I was surprised by this question. Robin told me that Aven rolled over twice today. Major developmental milestone achieved! It was very bitter sweet: She rolled over- yay! She rolled over and I missed it :( So, tonight she'll be spending a lot of time laying on a blanket in the middle of the living room while intently watch her and wait for my own magical rolling over moment.

Can we get some sleep now?

No comments:

Post a Comment